Happy Friday to you! Hope it’s been a good week and you have some fun things planned for the weekend. After doing 20+ hours of landscaping last week (we decided to tear out every.single.bush in our front yard), I’m looking forward to a more social Saturday & Sunday. (my back is too!) Happy early Father’s Day to all the wonderful Dads out there!
Five Things I’m Loving:
1. My new address stamp. Tommy and I received a sweet wedding gift from our friends Megan & Michael. Cute, functional and it has been so useful in getting our thank you notes on their way.
2. Hydrangeas. We planted two hydrangea bushes in our front bed (full post on the landscaping re-do coming soon) and I LOVE seeing the pink and green blooms when I pull up to our house. Definitely one of my favorite flowers.
3. Getting back into the swing of things. This past week has been great for getting settled into everyday married life. We still have plenty of tasks to accomplish this summer, but we’re no longer on a deadline or countdown to the big day. I absolutely loved wedding planning (and all of the design projects,) but it’s a relief to move on and begin our life together as a family. The big day was a dream, but the ‘little days’ are proving to be just as fun.
4. Fun weekend plans. Tonight we’re heading out to the movies to see 22 Jump Street. Tommy and I watched 21 Jump Street on our way to Mexico and I couldn’t stop laughing…should be a fun laid back evening. Tomorrow I’m heading up north for a baby shower, then we’re attending the Fishers on Tap festival. Looking forward to the live music, BBQ & of course, the craft beer!
5. Morning Group Texts from my Dad. Every weekday my Dad sends out to my Mom, 2 sisters, brother, brother-in-law, Tommy & me. Usually a motivational message, but on Fridays he switches it up to something funny or lighthearted. I love receiving these and sometimes the message is just what I need to adjust my attitude or get motivated that morning. Here are a few favorites from this week:
Either you run the day or the day runs you.
If you want to achieve greatness don’t worry about stopping to ask for permission.
If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got.
I wanna make a jigsaw puzzle that’s 40,000 pieces. And when you finish it, it says ‘go outside.’